Join Our Board
Our vision is “A World Without Suicide” and we need your help!
Thank you for your interest in joining the Board of Directors of the Team Alex Suicide Prevention Society.
If you have a passion for mental health and you want to make a difference in this world, Team Alex is looking for new board members to further the work we are doing in this community and across our country. We are driven and determined to end the epidemic of children and youth who are taking their own lives. We have gathered an amazing team together, yet we need more to achieve our goals. This is a working board with no shortage of work to be done. Suicide does not discriminate – we all have been impacted by suicide and mental health challenges in our families and communities.
We take our vision literally; we really do want to create awareness and end suicide. We have had enough; this must end. Through your service with Team Alex, lives will be saved! If this interests you, we need to talk.
Please note: all Team Alex board members must have a clean Criminal Record Check.
Team Alex is Working Board. We meet on the 1st and 3rd Monday every month.
All Board members are expected to be actively engaged in the affairs of Team Alex and committed to advance any agreed actions. This includes:
- Attending Board meetings on a regular basis, serving on committees, and contributing personal, professional and life experience to the work of the Board
- Staying informed about the activities of Team Alex in the community, and generally about trends and developments in the field of suicide prevention.
- Offering their personal perspectives, thoughts, and opinions on topics under discussion and decision, and in this, being respectful and open to other ideas, thoughts, opinions, and concerns
- Maintaining solidarity with fellow Board members in support of a decision made and agreed during a meeting
- Attend and participate in Team Alex Events
- Asking for revision of a decision, if they believe that the Board has acted without full information or inconsistent with its obligations and responsibilities.
Team Alex Suicide Prevention Society values equity, diversity and inclusion and believes everyone has the right to equal treatment. We encourage applications from individuals from all walks of life, including racialized persons, women, indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ and Gender Diverse persons.